Remember that Gundam Pachinko that I mentioned in my previous post?
Well, Japan’s Youtube users are recently bombarded by ads that features Gundam-themed pachinko machines manufactured by the Sankyo group. The Japanese Youtube users are exposed to the ads at a “high frequency” which is slowly driving them to detest both the theme tune to a once beloved animated series and even the ad’s presenter, popular comedian Teruyuki Tsuchida.
A Japanese YouTube user has uploaded the ad, labeling it as “That Annoying Ad“:
More details from Rocketnews24.com
The original commercial is actually only 15 seconds long, but since it’s entirely unskippable and appears online so often, many are netizens are beginning to lose their patience.
Here’s what a small handful of YouTube viewers had to say about the ad:
- Because of that ad I now hate both Tsuchida and Gundam. Thanks…
- The number of ads on YouTube has really increased recently. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen Teruyuki Tsuchida’s face.
- Seriously, can we do something about the number of Gundam ads on YouTube!?
- OMFG, those unskippable Gundamn ads are driving me crazy.
- This is so irritating it’s laughable.
- That Tsuchida ad is making watching YouTube a chore.