Kidou Senshi Gundam-san, a comedy gundam manga by Hideki Owada (大和田秀樹) will be getting a TV anime adaptation by anime production studio Sunrise soon in early July.
The four-panel comedy manga features Amuro, Lalah, Char, and other characters from Yoshiyuki Tomino’s and Sunrise’s classic ‘Mobile Suit Gundam’ anime in comedy gags.
- Char-san – Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi (小西 克幸)
- Lalah-san – Voiced by Megumi Han 潘 めぐみ
- Amuro-san – Voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga 代永 翼
- Sayla-san – Voiced by Kaori Nazuka 名塚 佳織
- Bright-san – Voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu 置鮎 龍太郎
- Kai-san – Voiced by Yoshimitsu Shimoyama 下山 吉光
- Haro – Voiced by Takashi Matsuyama 松山 鷹志
- Kycilia-san – Voiced by Ryō Hirohashi 広橋 涼
- Frau-san – Voiced by Yamaguchi Tachibanako 山口立花子
- Garma-san – Voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu 興津 和幸
- Commentary – Voiced by Keiko Han 潘 恵子 (Seiyuu of Lalah Sune)
- Narration – Voiced by Tōru Furuya 古谷 徹 (Seiyuu of Amuro Ray)
Hideki Owada (大和田秀樹) (Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku – The Legend of Koizumi) launched the manga in the magazine in 2001, and Kadokawa published the 12th compiled volume in Japan in March. I have read a few volumes of the Gundam-san manga and I actually like it – also enjoy reading the other gundam gag mangas such as Tony Takezaki‘s Gundam gag manga ^^
^Image from the official Gundam-san twitter account.
Gundam-san is set to broadcast on 6th of July, every sunday onwards on BS11 and 7th July on Tokyo MX every monday. As mentioned on the official website, expect only a few minutes of animation out of each episode (Nevertheless, I guess many gundam fans would still be looking forward to this).